Here is a sample of our recent presentations, publications and interviews.
Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility in the Meetings and Events Industry is a comprehensive roadmap that prepares event professionals for the economic, environmental, and social challenges ahead, and transforms the industry for the long run. This timely text inspires us to view Corporate Social Responsibility, ethics, and sustainability as no longer just best practices, but as business standards. Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility in the Meetings and Events Industry presents a wide range of topics, bringing insights from environmental science to corporate responsibility.Intended to build sustainable leaders in the industry, this book offers the knowledge to get started and the momentum to continue.
- Next Generation Meetings, December 10-12, 2012, Stockholm Mariela McIlwraith presents Gamification for Meetings and Events
- ICOMEX, November 6-8, 2012, Mexico City. Mariela McIlwraith presents Ética y Responsabilidad Social Empresarial en congresos y convenciones. Beneficios de GMIC.
- IMEX America, October 9-11, 2012, Las Vegas. Mariela McIlwraith co-presents Speed Seeds for Sustainability and When Work is Play
- Congreso Internacional de Nuevas Tendencias Turisticas, October 3-4, 2012, Tijuana, Mexico. Mariela McIlwraith presents Pasos para eventos sustentables.
- MPI World Education Congress, July 28-31, 2012, St. Louis. Mariela McIlwraith presents Dating Advice for Associations.
- ASAE Great Ideas, March 25-27, 2012 Colorado Springs, CO. Mariela McIlwraith presents Pricing Strategies for Membership and Events (Idea Lab) and Associations: Let’s Date First (Ignite Session)
- GMIC Sustainable Meetings Conference, April 22-25, 2012 Montreal. Elizabeth Henderson Presents Game ON! How GMIC Used Game Mechanics to Reinforce Learning and Change BehaviourPanellist, Art Institute of Vancouver, “Tips from the Top”. Elizabeth Henderson on CSR March 7, 2012
- ONE Conference, Calgary, February 9, 2012. Elizabeth Henderson presents Game ON! and moderates the Time Machine Panel on the past, present and future of the industry.
- MPI Northern California ACE Conference, San Francisco, February 16, 2012. Elizabeth Henderson and Mariela McIlwraith present Decarbonating Your Events
- Panellist, Green Meeting Industry Council webinar, Fall in Love With Standards. Elizabeth Henderson on GRI Event Organizers Sector Supplement. Moderated by Mariela McIlwraith, February 14, 2012
- PCMA Convening Leaders, January 2012. Mariela McIlwraith presents Alternative Pricing Strategies for Meetings and Events.
- ICOMEX 2011, Mexico City, November 7-9, 2011. Mariela McIlwraith presents (in Spanish):Enfoque Internacional: Eventos Sustentables (International Focus: Sustainable Events) Eventos sustentables – caso de estudio de la conferencia anual de la Green Meeting Industry Council (Sustainable events – a case study on the GMIC annual conference) Beneficios de las reuniones sustentables: tendencias, estadísticas y casos (The Benefits of Sustainable Meetings: Trends, Statistics and Cases)
- Event Camp Vancouver, November 4 – 6. Elizabeth Henderson presents Gamification: A Play in Words Pecha Kucha. Also “sparks” session: Naked CSR. Mariela McIlwraith presents Is it unethical to have a sexy title for an ethics session?
- Event Camp Twin Cities, Minneapolis, August 25- 26, 2011, Elizabeth Henderson. GameOn! 2011: How GMIC Used Game Mechanics to Reinforce Learning & Change Member Behaviours
- International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) Congress, Germany, October 25, 2011, Elizabeth Henderson, Paul Salinger & Greg McKinnon: Get Your Game On. Also: Sustainability Showcase Facilitation with Paul Salinger.
- Pacific Rim Incentives & Meetings Exchange (PRIME 2011), Honolulu, June 11-13, 2011, Mariela McIlwraith – Business Strategy, CSR and Influence
- Meeting Professionals International World Education Congress, Orlando, July 24 – 26, Mariela McIlwraith and Elizabeth Henderson: 1. Innovative Pricing Strategy; 2. The Full Monty: Standards Exposed; 3. Decarbonating Your Events
- ASAE Great Ideas Conference, Colorado Springs, March 13-15, 2011, Mariela McIlwraith – Inferior Services for a Tough Economy and Other Lessons from Economists
- GMIC 2011 Sustainable Meetings Conference, Portland, OR, February 20-23, 2011, Mariela McIlwraith – Tell it to the CFO: Sustainable Pricing Strategies
- It’s T.I.M.E. Training in Meetings and Events: Nuts and Bolts Training Conference, Richmond, BC, February 17-18, 2011, Mariela McIlwraith - Inferior Meetings for a Tough Economy and Other Winning Pricing Strategies
- Framing the Pricing Picture: Revenue, Risk and Registration, Mariela McIlwaith, ONE+, July 2012
- Adopting Better Discount Practices, Mariela McIlwraith, ONE+, September 2012
- Price Check: Member and Sponsor Engagement, Mariela McIlwraith, ONE+, December 2012
- Games People Play, Elizabeth Henderson, ONE+ March 2012
- State of Play, Elizabeth Henderson, ONE+, January 2012
- Is Your CSR Stuck in the Cold War? Elizabeth Henderson, Meetings:review, October 21, 2011
- The End of Energy Adolescence, Elizabeth Henderson, Meetings:review September 9, 2011
- Old Hardware, New Operating System, Elizabeth Henderson, Meetings:review August 19, 2011
- Green Meetings or Greenwash? Elizabeth Henderson, Meetings:review April 22, 2011
- A Sustainable Event Report of the Royal Wedding, Elizabeth Henderson, Meetings:review June 24, 2011
- Gamification: A Case study of the 2011 GMIC Game ON! Conference Elizabeth Henderson/Mitchell Beer Game ON case study FINAL
- Decoding Sustainability Standards, Elizabeth Henderson, One+, July 2010
- Ethics and the Olympics, Mariela McIlwraith, One+, February 2010
- On the Move, Elizabeth Henderson, One+, February 2010
- Games Attendees Play, in Meetings & Conventions, August 2011
- Are We Thinking What I’m Thinking?, Convene Magazine September 2010
- The Play’s the Thing, Convene Magazine June 2011
- Serious Fun with Gamification, PCMA Convene blog June 24, 2011
|Mariela McIlwraith, MBA email@example.com
|Elizabeth Henderson, M.E.Des. firstname.lastname@example.org